Graph Rating System
The graphic rating scale is one among the foremost standard and simplest techniques for performance analysis. It’s additionally called a linear rating scale. A graphic rating scale can be implemented to measure a broad variety of employee behaviors. It can be standardized, or a company might produce to suit a particular job or a collection of comparable jobs. Behaviors that are typically measured are those that are necessary for employees to perform their jobs efficiently
It was introduced in 1922, Paterson was operating with the workers of the Scott Company developed a graphic scale to produce dependability, consistency over time, quality, usefulness, and practicality.
Later on Dessler et al. (2011) outlined. Graphic Rating Scale could be a scale that lists a variety of traits and a range of performance for every employee. The employee is then rated by discovering the score that best describes his or her level of performance for every attribute.
The graphic rating scale, a behavioral methodology, is probably the foremost standard alternative for performance evaluations. This sort of analysis lists traits needed for the job and asks the source to rate the individual on every attribute.
Features of a Good Graphic Rating scale are:
- Performance analysis measures against which an employee has to be rated need to be well-defined.
- Scales ought to be primarily behaviorally based.
- Ambiguous behaviors definitions, such as loyalty, honesty etc. should be avoided.
- Ratings should be relevant to the behavior being measured.
Need Of The Organizations
- Identify areas of inter-rater disagreement.
- Help the group to reach a general agreement.
- Ensure that every rater conceives of the standard similarity.
- It provides qualitative and quantitative information which will be analyzed on a departmental and company wide basis.
- It reinforces the link between competencies, behaviors and values that are necessary for the job role.
- Employees are provided with a sound understanding of their strengths and weaknesses that successively provides them a basis for development.
- It endorses the company’s commitment to employee development which is a great recruitment and retention tool.
- It provides a fair and clear method that encourages an open culture that values feedbac
Essential in Developing Performance
Feedback may be a methodology to undertake and facilitate individuals for the future. It’s constructive and geared towards developing individuals.
Facilitates Continuous Learning
Feedback may be a time where you’ll gauge gaps in the employee’s knowledge and encourage them to reveal areas where they’ll have deficits where they will improve.
Research suggests that staff will become less engaged or may be worse, actively they need recognition for good work, and they want to understand what they should be doing better.
Improve At work Relationships
Feedback represents a chance for a manager to engender a positive relationship with their employees. Further, this offers an opportunity to develop relationships between colleagues because it opens up communication channels between employees.
Motivation and Attitude
Feedback is a chance to inspire staff to try and to do higher. This gives them visions of what they’re capable of achieving and illuminates the path to get there.
Feedback helps alongside the complete method of development. Initial feedback stages will help elucidate the ambitions of the employee while additionally gauging whereabouts they’re presently. Feedback post this primary stage helps to guide the employee along the way, finding out shortfalls in their knowledge.
To know more about any of our products and services get connected with us.